Monday, February 29, 2016

Jack in the Box--2098 S Garey Ave, Pomona, CA 91766

My meal Cost: $11.84. Health Rating A. 4 stars on Google. Yelp 2.5 stars.


This week finally gets me to the north side of Philadelphia Street (Rio Rancho on the west side). On that corner is one of the two Jack-in-the-Box restaurants along Garey Avenue.


This one has both a drive thru and inside dining. This Jack is one of the reasons that I undertook this blog. Often times I'd be coming home from Home Depot at about 10:30 am and be just hungry enough for a snack. I'd stop by here for 2 tacos for $1, some jalapeno poppers and a drink for the short drive home (usually without saying anything to the lovely Mrs. C, who would not approve). So I'm fairly well acquainted with this place, but I almost never went inside, using the drive-thru.




Today I decided to try a sandwich that I had not tried before, the Sriracha Burger. This is 2 patties on grilled sourdough bread (similar to the Sourdough Jack) with lettuce, onion, tomato, a fairly mild sriracha mayo (or aioli), and sliced jalapenos (these add the spicy hotness). I had it as a medium combo with seasoned curly fries. AND, just because I love them, the aforementioned tacos and poppers. Way too much food for lunch, but I managed to get it all down.


As you may remember from my previous rant, I hate not having any selection for sugar free beverages at fast food places. But this Jack has a Coke Freestyle machine which meant that I would have a variety of options for sugar-free drinks. My preference with these is to get a cherry Coke Zero and then add about 1/8th of my cup with Dasani Cherry flavored water to up the cherry content. Unfortunately, this one was out of cherry syrup so I had not options for cherry. I ended up getting Diet Dr. Pepper, and then I added Raspberry Lime Hi-C to it to get an interesting concoction.


The service was good and the food was about what one would expect from corporate fast food. With an odd layout to the ordering/dining area, it was nice that they brought the food to my table rather than having to try and listen for a number being called around a corner.



UP NEXT: Pizza Pirates

No comments:

Post a Comment