Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Subway -- 2112 S Garey Ave

My meal Cost: $6.88. Health Rating A. 3.5 stars on Google


Sorry I'm late with this one. I managed to come down with some kind of bug and haven't been able to do even the most rudimentary things other than sleep most of the day. But I felt a little better today so braved my illness and drove down to the subway on South Garey.

Note that this past week Subway announced that they will no longer have the $5 foot-long sandwiches. They are now $6. 

I have to say that I've eaten at enough Subways to have hit every item on their menu at some time or other. The one item I had not had was the Spicy Italian sub. I had it on Jalapeno bread with pepperoncini, lettuce, chipotle dressing and pepper jack cheese. Was it spicy? With all of that yes. I had it as a combo with Jalapeno Potato Chips and a small drink.



Since there's not much to say about Subway, I hope that you will indulge me in a pet peeve of mine. I got a fountain drink. I am diabetic so I need to limit the amount of sugar that I have. I always go with diet. With all of the diet drinks out there, WHY, when they have 8 different beverage choices do they only have diet Coke? I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this restriction. I Love places that have the Coca Cola Freestyle machines which gives me a wide variety of beverages. But they could at least have Diet Dr. Pepper, or any other diet drink. Even in their cooler with the bottled beverages, it was either Diet Coke or water. End of Rant.

I couldn't find a yelp rating for this Subway so I used the Google rating. This Subway has a nice size dining room with tables so I could dine-in without any problem. Overall, not a bad Subway experience.

UP NEXT: Yoshinoya


No comments:

Post a Comment