Monday, November 28, 2016

Pizza Hut / WingStreet -- 2301 N Garey Ave Pomona, CA 91767

My Meal Cost: $5.71 Health Rating A. Yelp 2.5 stars


It's the week after Thanksgiving. The extended family was at our house for Turkey dinner with all of the trimmings, which means we've been eating turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberries, yams, jello salad, etc. for days now. So I was somewhat looking forward to pizza as an alternative.


Note that the location has a sign that says that it's a Pizza Hut and WingStreet. The location is in a building that is large enough to have a decent small seating area, but it doesn't have one. The public entryway/order area is crammed into a very small area on the north side of the building.


Inside is spartan with a counter, some signage, a pepsi cooler and a bench. Note the WingStreet tile and the nicely lit WingStreet sign.


So I had decided that I'd order the same thing I've ordered at all of the pizza places I've visited on this odyssey. The usual is the smallest pizza (in this case personal pan--just like the one on south Garey) with mushrooms and sausage. I also have been ordering the smallest order of wings to compare. Since These places have not have seating and sodas were by the can or bottle, I've opted to take the meal home and drink my own Cherry Coke Zero.

The problem here is that when I asked about wings (not seeing anything on the menu or the menu boards) I was informed that they're "temporarily" not doing wings. Huh????? All of the pizza places have had wings, including those who don't have wings on their signage (Papa Johns, Pirate Pizza, Dominos, etc.). So I ended up with only a personal pan pizza, which I took home.


Obviously, Pizza Hut is catering to the delivery market and doesn't really care about drop-in traffic. No one is at the counter and you have to ring a door bell to get someone to come to the front, which takes a little time, but that was time to look at their menu, so . . .

The pizza took 12 minutes to prepare and was presented with the box open for my inspection. It looked OK and after 12 minutes of sitting on a bench I was anxious take it and leave. There was no offer of pepper flakes or Parmesan cheese, which I didn't think to ask for, so I got home and had to scrounge some up from another pizza previously ordered.

As with the Pizza Hut on south Garey, this one was a bit doughy but had good flavors and more than adequate toppings. I don't think this will move me away from the places I prefer, so I doubt I'll ever be back.

Oh, and if you're looking for something sweet to go with your Pizza, Daily Donuts is just next door.

UP NEXT:  Johnny’s Famous Hamburgers





No comments:

Post a Comment