Monday, April 11, 2016

Burger King -- 1908 South Garey Ave Pomona, CA 91766

My Meal Cost: $6.20. Health Rating A. Yelp 2 stars



This Burger King is across the street from Garey High School. Because of that I was concerned about showing up at lunch time, but either Garey is a closed campus, or the students don't like this place. Based on its 2 yelp star rating it could be either. The place is fairly clean with a video arcade at the west end of the building.



The workers seemed OK but I thought I ordered a medium combo, appeared to have gotten a medium drink but then I only got small fries and my ticket said small fries and drink. I think they could use some more training.

It's been some time since I stopped at a BK and I wanted to try something other than a whopper, so I opted for the Xtra Long Philly Cheese Burger combo. It's described on the BK site as "features two flame-grilled beef patties, American cheese, fried onions, and a "creamy cheesy sauce" on a toasted hoagie-style bun." Not sure how that makes it "Philly" but OK, not unlike the "animal style" from In-N-Out, without the flavor. I guess grilled onions and a "hoagy style" bun are Philly things, but I kind of thought it might have some peppers as well. Oh well.



Having read the yelp reviews, I had to agree that the food that I got was not hot. The cheese was soft but not melting. Not sure how they can accomplish that when I'm one of only three people there at lunchtime.

The soft drink options were the normal so as a diabetic my only option was diet coke. They had Dr. Pepper, but not the diet version. Can I start a class action lawsuit to get places like this to give me options and use ADA as a reason? Only kidding. The fries were OK but nothing to write home about. Glad I didn't get any larger size.


UP NEXT: Samo's


No comments:

Post a Comment